Meet Oasis Lactation Services
Danielle Downs Spradlin is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC). She founded Oasis Lactation Services in 2011 to meet the growing needs of families in her community. She is a veteran nursing mother who wants all parents to meet their feeding goals, including pumping and combo feeding. In addition to new baby nursing needs, she has experience working with families who are weaning, nursing toddlers, and tandem nursing. Her practice focuses on whole family well being, evidence based solutions, and making breastfeeding an enjoyable and healthy time for the whole family. Danielle is a licensed lactation consultant and a licensed NOMAS professional. She holds a certificate in health and nutrition and provides nutrition counseling services. She is certified in Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Training for pain management and isometric reflex integration therapy.
Key Principles of Practice
1. Parents know their babies best. The job of the lactation consultant is to provide a variety of evidence based options to make informed decisions about breastfeeding/chestfeeding and parenting.
2. Parents have a variety of feeding goals and circumstances. All nursing and breast milk matter and deserve respect. Breastfeeding is not only about breast milk.
3. Mothers and babies are shown to have better overall health outcomes when human milk is the primary diet for the first year.
4. Babies are people who deserve respect. Empowering a parent is to empower a child.
5. Parents deserve support. The job of the lactation consultant is to provide parents and extended family with information for supporting the breastfeeding and parenting journey.