Meet Oasis Lactation Services
Danielle Downs Spradlin is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) accredited through the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice. She founded Oasis Lactation Services in 2011 to meet the growing needs of Atlanta area mothers. She is a veteran nursing mother who wants mothers to meet their breastfeeding goals. In addition to new baby nursing needs, she has experience working with mothers who are weaning, nursing toddlers, and tandem nursing. Her practice focuses on infant-mother well being, evidence based solutions, and making breastfeeding an enjoyable and healthy time for the whole family. Danielle is a licensed lactation consultant and a licensed NOMAS professional. She holds a certificate in health and nutrition and provides nutrition counseling services. She is certified in Blomberg Rhythmc Movement Training for pain management and isometric reflex integration therapy.
Key Principles of Practice
1. Mothers know their babies best. The job of the lactation counselor is to provide the mother with a variety of evidence based options to make an informed decision about her breastfeeding and parenting journey.
2. Mothers have a variety of breastfeeding goals and circumstances. All nursing and breast milk matter and deserve respect. Breastfeeding is not only about breast milk.
3. Mothers and babies are shown to have better overall health outcomes when human milk is the primary diet for the first year.
4. Babies are people who deserve respect. Empowering a mother is to empower a child.
5. Mothers deserve support. The job of the lactation counselor is to provide parents and extended family with information for supporting the breastfeeding and parenting journey.