For private in-home classes and consults
Contact Danielle: email@example.com 404.788.8517
Contact Avery: firstname.lastname@example.org 404.781.9616
5 Key Principles of Practice
1. Mothers know their babies best. The job of the lactation counselor is to provide the mother with a variety of evidence based options to make an informed decision about her breastfeeding and parenting journey.
2. Mothers have a variety of breastfeeding goals and circumstances. All nursing and breast milk matter and deserve respect. Breastfeeding is not only about breast milk.
3. Mothers and babies are shown to have better overall health outcomes when human milk is the primary diet for the first year.
4. Babies are people who deserve respect. Empowering a mother is to empower a child.
5. Mothers deserve support. The job of the lactation counselor is to provide parents and extended family with information for supporting the breastfeeding and parenting journey.
Danielle Downs Spradlin is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) accredited through the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice. She founded Oasis Lactation Services in 2011 to meet the growing needs of Atlanta area mothers. She is a veteran nursing mother who wants mothers to meet their breastfeeding goals. In addition to new baby nursing needs, she has experience working with mothers who are weaning, nursing toddlers, and tandem nursing. Her practice focuses on infant-mother well being, evidence based solutions, and making breastfeeding an enjoyable and healthy time for the whole family. Danielle is a licensed NOMAS professional. She holds a certificate in health and nutrition and provides nutrition counseling services. She is certified in Blomberg Rhythmc Movement Training for pain management and isometric reflex integration therapy.
Avery Young is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) accredited through the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice. She successfully nursed 3 children who all have their own unique breastfeeding journey. She has a Master’s Degree in both Biology and Education and is passionate about empowering women to be able to meet their own personal breastfeeding goals. As veteran breastfeeder, and mother of children with tongue and lip ties, she understands first-hand some of the complications, doubts and challenges many mother’s face and wants to use her knowledge and experience to help support mothers during their own breastfeeding journey.