Who We Are
For private in-home classes and consults
Contact Danielle: MilkMakingMom@gmail.com 404.788.8517
Contact Avery: email@example.com 404.781.9616
5 Key Principles of Practice
1. Mothers know their babies best. The job of the lactation counselor is to provide the mother with a variety of evidence based options to make an informed decision about her breastfeeding and parenting journey.
2. Mothers have a variety of breastfeeding goals and circumstances. All nursing and breast milk matter and deserve respect. Breastfeeding is not only about breast milk.
3. Mothers and babies are shown to have better overall health outcomes when human milk is the primary diet for the first year.
4. Babies are people who deserve respect. Empowering a mother is to empower a child.
5. Mothers deserve support. The job of the lactation counselor is to provide parents and extended family with information for supporting the breastfeeding and parenting journey.
Danielle Downs Spradlin is a Certified Lactation Counselor accredited through the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice. She founded Oasis Lactation Services in 2011 to meet in the growing needs of Atlanta area mothers. She is a veteran nursing mother who wants mothers to meet their breastfeeding goals. In addition to new baby nursing needs, she has experience working with mothers who are weaning, nursing toddlers, and tandem nursing. Her practice focuses on infant-mother well being, evidence based solutions, and making breastfeeding an enjoyable and healthy time for the whole family.
Avery Young is a Certified Lactation Counselor accredited through the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice. She successfully nursed her first child until 18 months, and is currently nursing her second child. She has a Master’s Degree in both Biology and Education and is passionate about empowering women to be able to meet their own personal breastfeeding goals. As veteran breastfeeder, and mother of children with tongue and lip ties, she understands first-hand some of the complications, doubts and challenges many mother’s face and wants to use her knowledge and experience to help support mothers during their own breastfeeding journey.
Meredith Jacobsen is a Certified Lactation Counselor accredited through the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice. She is a mother of three toddlers, including a set of twins. She successfully nursed all three children after cesarean sections and oral tie revisions, and is still nursing her twins. She enjoys helping mothers overcome challenges to reach their breastfeeding goals. She also has a passion for educating and empowering pregnant women to have a positive birth experience that will set them on the right path for a rewarding breastfeeding relationship. She is also a trained labor doula and is able to provide moms with insights and resources for prenatal planning and postpartum recovery.
Lindsay Tucker is a certifying Postpartum Doula and is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Counselor. Lindsay has a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. She’s been passionate about babies for as long as she can remember and has supported births as a trained Labor Doula and birth photographer. Lindsay breastfed her two sons for a total of 6.5 years and has personal experience with postpartum depression, colic, silent reflux, tongue and lip ties, and tandem nursing. She knows that unnecessary suffering can be prevented with proper support and education and her goal is to help new families get off to a great start. Lindsay is currently seeing clients as a postpartum doula.